The Linksys extender can be a reliable device for your existing router to increase its performance to a great extent. Although you can do its setup in an easy way after becoming familiar with the entire setup process. Which will also help you to avoid errors during the process. So, use this simple setup guide to make your extender ready for setup within minutes and with less effort.
Unbox The Extender And Check Manual Guide
As you get the extender the first step is to do its unboxing and take out the required things. There will be an extender, an ethernet cable, and a manual setup guide in the box. So, collect these things and check the manual setup guide to know your product’s details. Also, take the Linksys extender login credentials and other details which you will require to execute the setup. Then, move to the next step of the process.
WPS Method For Extender Setup
In the first and foremost setup approach of the extender, you will only need to use the WPS buttons. By pushing the WPS buttons from the extender and router you will succeed in doing the Linksys wifi extender setup. But, to do this, it is necessary to have a compatible WPS button on the existing router. If there is, then perform this process using the below points.
- Place and fix the extender into the power socket closer to the router’s socket.
- Once these devices become ready for configuration, press the WPS button of the extender.
- Wait to see a blinking light on the extender and later push the same WPS button from the router.
- Now, wait again to get stable LEDs on both devices which will denote the Linksys wifi extender setup is complete.
- Finally, connect your devices to the network and move the extender to the WiFi dead spots to remove them.
Setup Through Web Portal
For this process, there will be a need to visit the web setup window of Linksys on the network-connected device. From there, you can do the login process, setup, and further manage the network using the screen directions.
- Take your networked device for setup no matter whether it is connected wirelessly or wired.
- Launch the compatible web browser on it and search for either the web or IP address there.
- You will be accessible to the Linksys extender login window once you search for any of them.
- Then, insert the default username and password of the Linksys extender to log into it.
- Ensure to enter these details without any spelling, characters, and numeric mistakes.
- From the next page, choose the network by accessing the wireless network list and configure it by clicking the Extend button.
- In the end, follow the on-screen directions to complete the further steps of the process.
App Setup Method For Extender
In the final process, you need to get the Linksys WiFi app on your smartphone to access the setup window. So, choose your preferred smartphone and launch the app store on it to search for the Linksys app. Then, install the official app by allowing your device to do that and wait till the installation completes.
Thereafter, open the app and login there by using the default details if you have not changed them earlier. On the next page, the setup window will be accessible to you for the further process. Lastly, use the screen instructions to complete the setup process in the right way.
Note: If you have a Linksys velop and want to do its configuration, then use the same WiFi app. The app will also guide you to perform the Linksys velop setup app without facing any obstructions.
Improve The Extender’s Performance
After completing the setup process, use some consideration and essential tips that can help you to improve the extender’s performance. Before anything else, while relocating the extender keep in mind to not place it too far from the router. In addition, ensure to keep this far away from those things which can absorb and interrupt the WiFi signals. It will also be more beneficial to change the network’s settings frequently and update the firmware timely. Last, but not least, try to keep the network safe from external users by setting a strong password for it.
Thus, using this detailed and simple setup guide, you will be done with the setup. However, if you face another difficulty in the setup, then contact our professional experts for more guidance.